Birchbox has teamed up with CEW (Cosmetic Executive Women) to create two limited edition boxes featuring finalists and winners from the 2013 CEW Beauty Awards. One box is called "Prestige Headliners" and is full of high end product samples. The other is called "Mass Appeal" and contains full size and samples of drugstore products. The prestige box is $18 and the drugstore box is $12. (The drugstore box is sadly now sold out, but the prestige box is still available on the Birchbox website!)
Here is a look inside both boxes:
available on the Birchbox website for $18) contains the following:
- Elizabeth Arden PREVAGE Anti-Aging Triple Defense Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 50, 0.17oz sample size
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil, travel size
- JULEP Essential Cuticle Oil, full size! (I believe!)
- JULEP Nail Color, full size! (I got an orange shade called Kaylen)
- LA FRESH Eco-Beauty Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes in Refreshing Scent, 2 individually wrapped wipes
- Living Proof Prime Style Extender, 1oz sample size
The things from this box that I am most excited to try are the Living Proof hair primer, the IT Cosmetics brow pencil and the JULEP cuticle oil. I already use the Living Proof Nourishing Styling Cream and love it, so I am excited to try this hair primer as well. I am looking forward to trying the It Cosmetics brow pencil because I was just thinking the other day that I might want to try a pencil or a powder again, as I have been using a tinted gel for awhile now. This will give me the opportunity to experiment. I have been looking for a cuticle oil that contains Jojoba oil as a main ingredient and this JULEP cuticle oil does! I'm hoping it will help my dry cuticles and nails. I am also happy to have a few more individually wrapped LA FRESH wipes, I do like the samples of those I have received in the past.
I was really excited to try the JULEP nail polish until I saw what color I got. Orange is just not a color I will get much use out of. I am less excited for the PREVAGE spf, but I'm sure I'll use it. Sunscreen just isn't overly exciting for me. Especially overpriced sunscreen. If I love it, I won't ever buy it again because I'll never pay $80 for a bottle of sunscreen!
The Mass Appeal box (
On the Birchbox website for $12! Sold Out!) contains the following:
- Burt's Bees Ultimate Care Hand Cream 50g size (If this isn't full size, it's a very generous sample!)
- L'Oreal Paris Infallible Eyeshadow, full size! (I got #557 Glistening Garnet)
- Nivea A Kiss of Olive Oil & Lemon Moisture Rich Lip Care, full size!
- Olay Pro-X Spot Fading Treatment, 0.23oz sample size
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, full size! (I got Precious, a nude shade)
- Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll On, full size!
Honestly, I'm already trying things from this box. As I am sitting here writing this, I have the Simple eye roll on applied under my eyes, the Burt's Bees hand cream on my hands, and the Nivea balm on my lips. So far, so good. I am excited to try the L'Oreal eyeshadow, I haven't tried any shades from that line before. I am also excited about the Revlon balm stain. I do have one shade I bought awhile ago. I didn't hate it but I don't remember loving it either. I am excited to give it another shot though, I'll have to pull out the other one I have and try them both.
Overall, the Prestige Headliners box is a good value, especially since I used my Birchbox points towards it. Is it worth $18? Ehhh... not unless you are more excited about everything in the box than I am. However, I think this Mass Appeal box is a killer deal. You get a ton of value with all those full size products! I wish it hadn't sold out so fast so I could recommend it to you guys to purchase, but hopefully they will do another similar box soon.