Here is a nice, soft look I did using the L'Oreal Project Runway Colors Take Flight quad in Cockatoo's Gaze. I really love the combination of colors in this, it is not a pairing I would have thought of on my own. The soft peachy pink and blues look great together. As I mentioned in my swatch post for this quad, the shimmery light pink shade is glittery and has fallout. For this reason, I didn't use it in my look. I did use the other three colors though in the quad though. Check out the close ups below. (I don't know why, but eyeshadows always look much lighter in my photos. The colors are a little darker in person.)
For reference I have numbered the colors in the quad that I used.
- Apply primer over your lids. I used UDPP in Eden.
- Using a flat, stiff brush such as the ELF $1 eyeshadow brush, pat the peachy shade #1 all over lid.
- Using a dome brush such as the Target Up & Up brand crease brush, blend the silvery blue shade #2 into the crease and outer corner.
- Using that same dome brush (wipe off the color well) apply a light shade to the inner corner and brow bone to highlight. I used Wet n Wild Color Icon single in Brulee.
- Line your eyes with a black eyeliner. I used Bare Minerals Big & Bright Eyeliner in Intense Black.
- Using a small flat brush, smudge the dark blue shade #3 along the eyeliner and build it up a little on the outer corner of the eye. Sort of a smudgey winged out look. (I go back and forth between the small BE tapered eyeshadow brush, small angled brush and the small smudge brush from the ELF studio line.)
- Apply your favorite mascara, mine is Buxom Lash in Blackest Black.
- Apply blush, highlighter and bronzer as you normally would. I was in a bit of a hurry this day and only used blush. The blush I used is Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso.
- Apply a nude lipstick. (I always use a lip balm under lipstick, but that is up to you.) The lipstick I used in the above look is L'Oreal Sultry Raven's Pout from the Colors Take Flight collection.
- I also filled in my eyebrows a bit with the Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit in Light. I use shade Brow1 in this kit, the light shade. (You of course don't have to fill in your brows, but I wanted to let you know what I used for mine just in case!)
Hope you enjoyed my look and try it out for yourself! As I mentioned above, the flash on the camera really washes out the color in my photos, it is definitely a little darker in real life. A very pretty combination with peaches and blues! :)